Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Review: Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo

Hey everyone! Today I'll be reviewing Maybelline's 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.  I love this product and definitely recommend it for a smokey taupe look.


Name: Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Price: $6-$10
Where to Buy: Drugstores and Ulta 


This product claims "Cream gel smoothes on for vibrant, crease-proof color that never fades" (Ulta.com). In terms of consistency, this product scores high on my list. It is definitely bold and intense and is wonderfully thick and creamy. As for staying power, I found that after only 8 hours of wear, the product had pretty much disappeared. Left: Swatch right out of the container Right: Product blended.




Here is a look I created using the Color Tattoo along with Maybelline's eyeshadow palette in Caffeine Rush. I love the way the cream shadow provides the perfect base for a light smokey eye and easily blends. 


This last photo is how my eyes looked at the end of the day (about eight hours). I was very disappointed that the shadow faded away almost completely, especially since I primed my eyes and set them with powder shadow. 

Overall, here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
Great price and availability
color selection
applies smoothly
Pigmented

Cons: 
Creases
Fades too quickly

Have you ever tried this product? 

xoxo Morgan




No comments:

Post a Comment