Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hanging Valentine's Day Hearts

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I've been loving these adorable hanging hearts! They're so easy to make with everyday craft supplies and even things you wanted to throw away! Hope you enjoy! 

xoxo Morgan





Materials

Colored Cardstock
Tissue Paper
Ribbon
Scissors
Glue
String
Decorative Edge Scissors
Photos
Anything you'd like!


The first thing you want to do is cut out any number of cardstock hearts. Cardstock holds up much better than ordinary colored paper and will prevent the hearts from flopping over.


The next step is simple--go all out! I used tissue paper to create dainty flower-like details, decorative edge scissors, photos, and ribbon. I used a plastic sandwich bag dipped in white paint to stamp the texture on the heart in the top right corner. I used gold nail polish to make the anchor on the center nautical heart.


I love the way these turned out! They're the perfect focal point in my bedroom and I'll enjoy them all February long.

Learn how to make a Valentine's Day heart pillow here


No comments:

Post a Comment