Monday, January 21, 2013

Products I Regret Buying

Over the course of two years wearing makeup, I've definitely come across my share of products that don't work for me. Of course these products wouldn't be for sale if they didn't work, this is just my personal experience. I'd also like to point out that I do extensive research on high end makeup before purchasing, therefore these are mostly drugstore products. 

The first product that I regret buying is elf's bronzer. I bought it when I was experimenting with bronzer for the first time and was looking for something subtle. Unfortunately, it is way to dark and orange for frankly any skin tone and was full of chunky glitter. 


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is another unsuccessful product in my opinion. I had heard plenty of bad reviews on it but for some reason decided to get it anyways. It has a seemingly nice consistency but does not last very long. It didn't necessarily hurt nor help me skin, but rather sat there for about fifteen minutes before disappearing. 


Last summer, I picked up this Maybelline 24 hour SuperStay Concealer. I was drawn to the idea that it would last so long and provide continuous coverage. After wearing it for one day, however, I was disappointed to find out that it clung to my dry spots, under eyes, and emphasized blemishes. My skin looked better with nothing on!




This product was my first real blush. I purchased it two years ago thinking that it would give me a very natural rosy glow. I had heard so many good reviews about it, so I was sad to discover that it had a chalky formula that gave me "clown" face. The color, Big Apple, must not have been right for me however the formula and application truly made this a regretful buy.  




Lastly, L'Oreal's Clean Definition Telescopic was a product I regret buying. I think the applicator is the worst part. It's flimsy, plastic, and has no real bristles at all. My lashes tend to bond together and overlap when I put on mascara, and ironically this mascara certainly did not provide a "clean definition". The formula is also fairly sticky, so despite its rave reviews I'm not buying this again. 

Hoped this helped you guys! xoxo Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment