Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Breakfast with Just 4 Ingredients

Good morning everyone! Today I'm gonna show you how I make my super easy breakfast "omelet" every morning with just a few simple ingredients. I know you probably know how to cook an omelet, but perhaps you'll take enjoyment in seeing my poor attempt at one. Good luck!

xoxo Morgan


To start, you're gonna need

1 egg
1/4 cup shredded cheese of any kind
1/4 onion
1/4 tomato

You can also switch up the vegetables. I love peppers, shallots, shredded carrots, and sweet potato!

For cooking supplies, gather

knife
saute pan
spatula


Step 1

Mince your vegetables. I like to place mine next to the stove for easy access while cooking. 


Step 2

Scramble your egg in a bowl. 
Tip: For restaurant style eggs, add a splash of milk before scrambling. 


Step 3

Set your stove on Medium heat. I like to add about a dime size about of unsalted butter to my pan, just to prepare my cooking surface.



Step 4

Pour the egg on the pan. Don't worry about perfection here, it'll all work out. 


Step 5

Let your egg solidify for about 45 seconds or so. You'll know it's been solidified when you lift the pan slightly and it doesn't drip. 


Step 6

Add in your ingredients. Sprinkle on the cheese and vegetables, again not worrying about specific placement. 


Step 7

After another 30 seconds, gift your omelet a check to see if it's browned a bit. From here, you can attempt to fold it over as best you can. I personally can rarely accomplish this and end up with a mere omelet salad sort of thing. 


Move your "omelet" to a plate, season with salt or pepper, and enjoy! I love adding a raw vegetable or fruit to my breakfast. 

What do you like in your omelet?



No comments:

Post a Comment